Friday, February 29, 2008

Yucky Week

I came down with a raging sore throat on Sunday night and it pretty much wiped me out for the week. Today is day 4 on antibiotics and I think I might live. I am so tired of winter I could scream.
Today for our brief period of sunshine I went out and toured my yard. I'm getting ready to show my house so I'm seeing it's every flaw. Why is it you can live with imperfection but feel you have to show your very best to a total stranger? I think I'm going to tell prospective buyers that they have to pay extra for shower scum and toilet rings. It's also an extra charge for my neighbors leaves I have stored in my flower beds all winter.
Our new house is coming along fine. However Gene did manage to stop the painters before they put the second coat of paint on the trim. They had the wrong color and were just happy as clams they were almost finished. I bet they were not happy to see him. Ooops!!
I am also trying to purge my house of clutter and crap. I surprise myself with the stuff I hang onto. I ran across a box that was unfamiliar. When I opened it I took an hour going through it. It contained school things from my kids. Man do I feel old.
One of the things I saved out was a letter Warren wrote in second grade. His assignment was , Cinderellas letter to her stepmother, written a week after her marriage to the prince.
Dear Stepmother,
I'm happy to leave your house. And now I'm a princess. I'm going to hire someone to clean the palace. Maybe your daughters want to.
He is still just as blunt today. Gotta love honesty.
Well in my cleaning and purging I feel like a pack rat. My new goal is to pare down. Natalie ...where are you?? Help!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just let me know! I'd love to help you!!! :)

Kathleen Lee said...

Geez Pam. I hope you're feeling better. So much to do! No time for sick!

About Me

My photo
I am a true native Idahoan, Born at the old St. Als that used to be downtown. I am 51 and I have been married 32 years to the same man. Gasp...I think I just got a small electrical shock. I have 3 grown kids, and 4 grandbabies.