Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentines Day!!

My husband is not big on holidays of any sort. Now don't get me wrong , he is very generous and loves me very much but when it comes to gift giving it just plain stresses him out. So what happens is I usually buy something I want and tell him how thoughtful he is to pay for it. It sounds lame but it works for both of us. A few years ago he totally forgot Valentines Day. Not that big of a deal , but you at least want a card or a pinch on the behind or something of recognition. Well a few days later he left a small box in the living room. Sarah brought it to my attention and I thought it was for her. When I figured it was mine I was in awe. It was a big fat diamond ring. He said Valentines Day was for all the other people , but I deserved a day all my own. SWOON... That's the biggest crock I ever heard ,but I swallowed it hook , line , and sinker. In fact he's still riding that wave this Valentines Day. I love you dear.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whatever!! It must be nice to have a big fat diamond , what is it .25 carat??

Kathleen Lee said...

OHHHHH, Take what you can get, Pam. The Y chromosome doesn't allow for that sort of nonsense to leak out on a regular basis. I got a card.

Anonymous said...

Baawwwhhhaaahhhaaa!!!! I love that!
Guys are so lame.
hee hee. Great story, thanks for sharing.

Pam O. said...

Hey anonymous,
you sound a littlegreen to me. FYI it was a whole carat. Eat your heart out.

Pam O. said...

Darcie,
To answer your 2/14/08 question, I'm not sure when move in day will be but I better get my hind end in gear because they are movin ahead. Guess sometime end of Marchish.

Anonymous said...

OMG Pammers.....
THAT IS FABOSOUS!
I am so tickled for you!!!!!!!
Jann

About Me

My photo
I am a true native Idahoan, Born at the old St. Als that used to be downtown. I am 51 and I have been married 32 years to the same man. Gasp...I think I just got a small electrical shock. I have 3 grown kids, and 4 grandbabies.