Tuesday, February 12, 2008

SPRING IS IN THE AIR

I am lovin the sunshine!! I know it gives me a false sense of warmth , but I am going to embrace that. I am truly a spring and summer person.
I have been having difficulty the last couple of days getting anything accomplished. I feel distracted and unorganized. I would like to take a whole week off by myself , at home. I would work until I dropped. I would not answer the phone . I would not cook . I would not get dressed or comb my hair. I would eat whatever , whenever I felt like it. I would do every crazy project that has been plauging my mind.
  • organize all my random boxes of pictures
  • fill up all my empty frames
  • sort and organize my thread
  • sort and organize all my fabric
  • clean every damn drawer in this house and throw away most of their contents
  • finish my new , cool recipe book
  • finish the quilts that have been waiting since 1988 ( yes Sarah, the ice cream cone one)
  • throw all the clothes out of my closet and start again
  • finish my window project
  • write and mail all the notes I have bouncing around in my head
  • clean all the things that creep me out ie window tracks , edges of carpet , light fixture the list goes on and on.

In reality I think I will take my craziness to bed with a book. Get a good nights sleep and thank God for all the good things in my life. I'm sure when I wake up all my projects will have waited for me and I will chip away at them one by one.

4 comments:

Kathleen Lee said...

Good Gosh woman! Do you not have enough on your plate with building a new home too! Clean the old one when it's empty. I too am a Spring/Summer person. I have to stick my face in the window when the sun is shining while I'm driving home from work. I almost took the lawn chair out in it yesterday, it was so nice on the patio. Spring is coming, spring is coming! Hold On Tight to your dreams.....

Pam O. said...

Kathleen,
I'm a little OCD I suppose . I realized today that I really got a lot done yesterday , just not EVERYTHING!! I'm falling short of my wonder woman expectations.

Anonymous said...

Ahhh Pam, I want a week like that too!!!! That is heaven! Good luck with all your projects...I totally understand each and every one of them in my little OCD brain as well...LOL.

Pam O. said...

Natalie,
Thanks for validating my craziness. It's nice to know I'm not the only one. I know it will never happen but it doesn't hurt to wish.

About Me

My photo
I am a true native Idahoan, Born at the old St. Als that used to be downtown. I am 51 and I have been married 32 years to the same man. Gasp...I think I just got a small electrical shock. I have 3 grown kids, and 4 grandbabies.