Sunday, February 17, 2008

MY DAY OF REST

I have this thing about Sundays. No matter how much rest I have gotten I still feel the need to rest on Sunday afternoons. Now normally I am not a take a nap person , but this mysterious force overtakes me after lunch on Sundays. My eyes get heavy , I yawn until my whole face hurts and I'm just out of the zone. I preface my nap with a comment like "I'm going to go lie down and read awhile". Everyone at my house knows what that really means. I will go upstairs , change into sweats or jammies and crawl into my nice warm bed . Sometimes I will actually pick up the most recent book I am reading and open it to the page I last left off. I will promptly fall into a death like sleep , drooling and all , for a good 2 hours. Then I act surprised when I wake up. My comment is such , "Man I must have been tired , I didn't even know I fell asleep". Gee I wonder if I'm still foolin em?

3 comments:

Kathleen Lee said...

Wow, I lived my whole life with that affliction. Now it's been something like 6 or 7 years since I've taken a nap, and never for more than 10 minutes. I often times feel like it, but my eyelids don't close anymore. Too many years of staring at computer screens I suspect. Thanks for sharing Pam, it's nice to remember that cozy warm feeling anyway. Here's to jammies.

Anonymous said...

No, we aren't fooled!

Anonymous said...

LOL Sarah.....hey Pammers...sounds exactly like something that "overcomes" me....maybe its a "pause" moment....LOL
Huggers from the frozen East,
Jann

About Me

My photo
I am a true native Idahoan, Born at the old St. Als that used to be downtown. I am 51 and I have been married 32 years to the same man. Gasp...I think I just got a small electrical shock. I have 3 grown kids, and 4 grandbabies.