Monday, October 1, 2007

OOOUUUUCHIE!!

Tonight was my first Pilates class at the Y. It was an hour and a half intro beginner type class to give you the basics. Easy right?? WRONG. Oh so wrong. I have taken aerobics classes for years off and on, took ballroom dance which was pretty excercisy, I'm reasonably active for my age . I play crazy with my grandkids , rough house with my big boys , work hard , so this should be a piece of cake once I get warmed up.
My first clue should have been my cracking knees when I bent to take my place on my mat.Then we were to locate a certain muscle in our lower abdomen. I wasn't sure so the instructor came to my aid. As she was pushing on my stomach she said it should feel like a contraction. Holy cow, if someone would have yelled " It's crowning " I would not have been surprised. In fact I had a sudden urge to push. Oh sweet Jesus what have I gotten myself into??
Because I am a woman of my word and I have committed to twice a week for one month I shall see this through. One of two things will happen ,either I will become stronger and more flexible or I will give birth to twins. I'm going to bed now I am exhausted.. Happy Thoughts.

4 comments:

Kathleen Lee said...

You will be able to add "Pilates Queen" to your resume soon. Although, I'm not quite sure what you should call the twins? Oh, and just wait until they add weights to the torture!

Anonymous said...

LOL... you are funny.

Anonymous said...

LOl Pammers.....
I think.....WWIW....and The Pilate's Queen.....should fit you just fine.
Next time the instrutor pushes on you....just accidentally hit her with your leg...as it thrashes upward and forward into the air....LOL....."oops"....seems fitting to me...LOL
Hang in there darlink....
Huggers from the frozen plains.....Sheesh...its FREEZING here today....
(tapping ruby slippers together....repeating...there's no place like home.")
Damn...just opened my eyes...I am still in spudland....:o(
LOL
Jann

Kathleen Lee said...

So Pam, how's the Pilates coming along? Did everyone leave town? I haven't seen any posting from you or Sarah for awhile. Did everyone croak from the stress of the challenge?

About Me

My photo
I am a true native Idahoan, Born at the old St. Als that used to be downtown. I am 51 and I have been married 32 years to the same man. Gasp...I think I just got a small electrical shock. I have 3 grown kids, and 4 grandbabies.