Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Costaweens

I have been working on Olivias Halloween costume. She wanted something beautiful she said. Her Mom got her a snow angel costume which is white net with white fur trim and of course your standard angel wings and halo. She did like it but requested Grammy sew some more beautiful on it. So off to the fabric store we go and she chooses some lovely red sequins to go around the waist and the sleeves. I rush right home and hand sew them on and deliver it back to her today for her approval. She declares that it is indeed beautiful but would like some dangley beads around the hem like a belly dancer. I'm not sure where she admired a belly dancer costume but apparently somewhere. Off again to the fabric store to buy dangley beads. I will sew them on while I catch a little t.v. tonight. Tomorrow I will present it once again for her highness' approval. I hope she truly loves it because it cost about the equivalent of a cheap wedding dress now.In fact maybe we will just store it for that very thing.
Jamie on the other hand is a fairy. Plain and simple and quite beautiful. She took hers straight off the rack no alterations required. That's my girl. I will post our beautiful picture soon, as they have worn them every day since they got them. Nothing makes a gal feel better than a new gown. Have a wonderful day and don't forget to tell someone you love them.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You didn't tell what costaweens means!
On the way home I told her, "Your costume is almost finished"
and she said, "Then I can wear it on Halloween and all the kids will say, 'mommy, mommy, make me that same beautiful costume.'" I thought Jimmy was going to pee his pants!

Kathleen Lee said...

Oh Geez! Too cute for words!

I'm on pins and needles wanting to know what "costaweens" means!

Pam O. said...

Oh I did forget to tell , when Olivia was smaller than she is now she called Halloween costumes Costaweenns. Thats a mix of Halloween and costume.

Anonymous said...

I only hope you're not all investigated for dressing an almost 4 year old like a hooker!! Between the fur, sequinns and beads and glitter, people may be wondering...... Love You-all, Sue

Anonymous said...

LOL Sue.....:o)
Pammers....you are the "Grammy of all Grammy's" my friend.....way to go! Efforts well spent and will be well remembered!

Huggers from the frozen lands....UGH!
Jann

P.S. Kathleen....you go scooter girl! LOVE the icon.

Anonymous said...

Brindon.....I love you...;o)
Mom

(great advice Pammers)

About Me

My photo
I am a true native Idahoan, Born at the old St. Als that used to be downtown. I am 51 and I have been married 32 years to the same man. Gasp...I think I just got a small electrical shock. I have 3 grown kids, and 4 grandbabies.