Monday, October 29, 2007

Sweet Baby James

We are home from Rexburg after having a wonderful visit with our little family. Chance is as sweet and adorable as ever. I went with them for vaccinations on Friday... sob... he had six individual shots. Poor baby, but he let me love him after I had held his legs down while two nurses each poked his fat legs at the same time. I hope that is not burned in his memory and he associates me with shots.
I will post his costaween picture in the near future with the girls. They are coming here this week-end so I get another shot of baby love.
Tomorrow night I am going to see James Taylor in concert. I know he's old but I still love him. Gene agreed to go if I would go with him to see Billy Joel in November. Fair enough trade.
My friend who was also my sister-in-law ,Laura, would put on a James Taylor album ( yes a big vinyl record) and practice her court recording while I wailed along in the back ground. She is no longer with us but every time I hear a James Taylor song I think of her. Maybe I don't like James Taylor as much as I love the memory. Oh well, either way it works for me.
Last year Sue and I went to see Michael Buble and Sue swore he was looking right at her as he sang, in fact I think she said he was singing to her. I cannot attest to the accuracy of this as I can't see from the 181st row to see his eyes , but I do trust her so I guess it's the truth. I hope James sings to me. My seats are pretty close and I will be wearing my glasses. See ya Wednesday.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know you're old when you are going to a James Taylor concert (not that I wouldn't love to go) and you have to wear your glasses to see him!
Have fun!

Kathleen Lee said...

Who's old? All I have to say is, I would hate to have my memories revolve around 60 year old Kiss or say Twisted Sister? James Taylor I'll take any day ;)

Thanks for sharing that memory, Pam.

Anonymous said...

LOL Kathleen.....
Sweet baby james...ahe yes...those old records spinning round and round....wow! are we old or what?...LOL but never the less.....we enjoyed it!
Glad you are going....have a great time!
Hugs from a far,
jann

Anonymous said...

I have to tell ya, I LOVE records! Good old, scratchy sounding vinyl...love it. Corinna & Natale have to isten to me talk about them all the time, lol. And, I'm going to Billy Joel too! Will yu be sitting in the cheap nosebleed seats too? Have fun!!

Pam O. said...

Hey Darcie,
Section P11, Row p. Hope they are good ones my husband picked them out. Rockon... hope I see ya.

About Me

My photo
I am a true native Idahoan, Born at the old St. Als that used to be downtown. I am 51 and I have been married 32 years to the same man. Gasp...I think I just got a small electrical shock. I have 3 grown kids, and 4 grandbabies.