Wednesday, August 15, 2007

As I no longer have kids in school I do not get all excited about the school year starting. However the presence of school supplies in stores brings on a plethora of emotions for me. I was sniffing a box of crayons in Target the other day,( yes I bought the box I sniffed) and I was taken back to Mrs. Bishops class, I believe it was third grade and she was old and cranky. No great story, just a memory. Okay where was I? Oh yes, the school supplies remind me that this god awful weather will soon turn into beautiful fall days and coooool evenings MMMM. I have one million projects to embark upon and everyone of them are hampered by the weather. We have 2 rentals that will be vacant in two weeks and I need to do some serious work on one. The other is pretty much good to go after I give it my good housekeeping seal of approval. Our other house in Boise needs the cedar fence weatherized again and I am too Frugal,Yes the word is FRUGAL Sarah, to pay some guy 300 bucks to spray it on, so I will do it myself just as soon as it cools off.
Sunday I head up for my 8 days of work in McCall. I am happy to go and spend time with Sue working and also having fun doing it. Yet on the other hand you know the love affair I have with my own bed. Not to mention I will miss all my babies. Which brings me to another story. My son Joe and his wife Kelsey and our little man Chance are moving to Rexburg in a couple of week's... I know that my kids will venture out and find their ways in life but it is still hard to have them go. Consolation for me is they will live right down the road from her mom and dad, who loves little Chance as much as we do. Up side is every little boy needs a ditch to play in and dirt to dig in and he will have plenty of that. Also its only 4.5 hours away and I can pop in whenever I get a notion. Have I convinced myself Yet?? Well I'm off to finish things that need finished.
One little insert from Maya Angelou:
Every woman should have one friend who always makes them laugh and one friend who lets her cry.
Every woman should know; that her childhood may have not been perfect... but it's over..
Thanks to Melissa for sending me that.Tell somebody you love them!!

6 comments:

Kathleen Lee said...

I love this post.
Did you see my new grandbaby?

gabe said...

I am happy that Joe and Kelsey are getting their own place. Have fun in you 8 days! We love you Pam!
gabe

Sarah said...

Have fun in 2call(as juju would say) Maybe we'll surprise you....

Anonymous said...

Well Pammers....
When you come to "momo-ville" darlink...you will have to stop and see me or we'll meet up for something cool to sip!
Glad your kiddo's will have family close.....little Chance will have a good time digging and playing in thise rocky southeastern soil...:o)
Have a great time in McCall darlink...be safe and giggle some.
Jann

Anonymous said...

Must be a slow song... time for an update!!!
:0)

Anonymous said...

HELLO... I know you have things to say! Update already!

About Me

My photo
I am a true native Idahoan, Born at the old St. Als that used to be downtown. I am 51 and I have been married 32 years to the same man. Gasp...I think I just got a small electrical shock. I have 3 grown kids, and 4 grandbabies.