Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Proud to be an American

Today I had to register to vote because I have moved to a new district. When I registered they told me I could early vote if I wanted to. I went ahead and voted because I was already there. I feel good about doing my civic duty. I feel good about the fact that we live in America and it is my right to speak my mind and be safe in doing it.

I know our country is in a lot of trouble and we have a lot of problems, but I still love the USA. I'm not very political and I'm not super informed on all the issues, but I am passionate about what I care about. I believe we can all make a difference if we put forth the effort to speak up and be heard. No I am not running for any office or lobbying but I believe I make a difference. Everyday I have the opportunity to exercise my rights and freedoms. Everyday I have choices that were bought for me with the price of a human life.

I want our country to move ahead and pursue the ideals that this country was founded on. Having said that, I will say. Look on the positive side. Get out and vote. Believe that you as one individual can make a difference.

I am Pam O'Dell and I approve this message.

Please no hate mail.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am her husband and I approve of this message Too!

Kathleen Lee said...

I have been wondering who "anonymous" is! Hi Gene!

Love the soapbox, Pam!

Anonymous said...

Me too!

Buffy

Anonymous said...

Hi Kathleen, That was my first anonymous, and the missus had to show me how to do that. Gene

Kathleen Lee said...

Well, it's good to have you aboard, Gene.

Anonymous said...

LOL... love that your man folk is making an apperance.

Anonymous said...

Can you tell he is a little bored in retirement? This is almost as bad as him watching soaps. At least he can keep up with our kids on their blogs.

Kathleen Lee said...

Ok, Pamela, You need to get down from your soap box and talk about something else now! Gee don't you just love getting prodded? ;)

About Me

My photo
I am a true native Idahoan, Born at the old St. Als that used to be downtown. I am 51 and I have been married 32 years to the same man. Gasp...I think I just got a small electrical shock. I have 3 grown kids, and 4 grandbabies.