Sunday, May 25, 2008

GOIN GREEN

Okay, I'm not totally going green, but I'm really trying to be way more conscious about using and using and using. I have switched to the new cool reusable bags Sarah got me. I love them. I carry them in my car so I have them whenever I go to the store. I have tried to condense my driving down to only when needed, and to run multiple errands at the same time. Linda set up my recycle bins (she's the Queen) and I am amazed at how much garbage I don't have. We built our house to be energy star and I'm still struggling with getting used to the weird lights. They pause a split second before they turn on and they remind me of hospital lighting, but I will persevere. We get a $ 3000 rebate from......I don't know who from, but it's for being energy star. Oh Lord I always knew I was bound for stardom!!
Any way, maybe it's because I'm getting older, wiser, more sensitive, all of the above.... hell I don't know, but whatever it is , it's a good idea. Lets all do our part okay.
P.S. anybody looking for a nice Ford 450 diesel with duallies? Gets about 10 miles to the gallon. Oh well it will make a nice planter.

2 comments:

N*88 said...

Two words, Lexus Hybrid.If you don't get one, then the terrorists win.

Kathleen Lee said...

Do you know everything there is to know about these Hybrids, before you swear by them?

I'm just saying....

About Me

My photo
I am a true native Idahoan, Born at the old St. Als that used to be downtown. I am 51 and I have been married 32 years to the same man. Gasp...I think I just got a small electrical shock. I have 3 grown kids, and 4 grandbabies.