Monday, March 31, 2008

April Fools

Well its just a couple of hours away, but close enough.
Anyone who knows our family knows we are a bunch of tricksters. We will go to great lengths to fool someone. We are always trying to one-up the other guy.
After returning home from Mexico where the car Gene was driving was stolen...yes stolen in 5 minutes never to be found again, I was coming home from youth group with my devilish teenage kids when we got the brilliant idea to fake steal Genes Bronco. I having a set of keys with me made it very easy to pull off the prank. When it was all said and done we laughed up a storm at our witty prank. All but Gene that is. Well over the years it has become harder and harder to one up the other guy with out breaking the law or endangering life and or limb.
My vote for the best prank in the last 5 years was the "BIG HOUSE SELL"
Warren and Joe were always telling us we we got old they were going to put us in a home and sell all our stuff. HAHA, big funny!
Well Gene and I had been gone to the coast for a few days and as we were driving down our street returning home we saw about 6 realtor for sale signs in our yard. Real funny boys, out drinking beer and swiping realty signs. When I unlock the front door to go in I am really freaked out. There is not one stick of furniture no pictures NOTHING!! I can see into part of the kitchen and dining area and it is also bare. Right now this is not too funny. When I come around the corner to the family room I see all of my stuff crammed in there. Do you have any idea how much effort it took to move all that stuff into there? I tell you they have never displayed that much energy to me in all their lives, yet they pulled this off in a very short period of time. Good job boys, you fooled ol Mom. Wasn't quite as much fun putting it all back, but worth the effort.
One year Joe called frantic to find his dad. Says he was trying to weld something on his truck and caught his truck on fire. This resulting in damage to the garage he had it in. Real funny Joe had it not been so believable. You see stuff happens to Joe.Stuff, just stuff. Aw, you wouldn't understand. Well I have a little more time to try to conjure up something. Hate to say but the drive to compete is waning. Maybe I'll just sit back and let them think they got me again.

3 comments:

Kathleen Lee said...

Believe me, I understand "Just stuff." I can't wait to hear the next story. mwahahahahaha!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jann said...

That is WAY good....the house thing...LOL...I would have paid to see the look on your face...:o)
Aren't "April Fool's" Funny?....LOL
Janner

About Me

My photo
I am a true native Idahoan, Born at the old St. Als that used to be downtown. I am 51 and I have been married 32 years to the same man. Gasp...I think I just got a small electrical shock. I have 3 grown kids, and 4 grandbabies.