Saturday, January 26, 2008

AND LIFE GOES ON....

I returned home from California on Friday having spent the night at a motel in Fernly Nevada. My sister and I had a great trip , but on the way home we both came down with the flu. Linda was a lot worse than I , but we both needed to be very close to the bathroom.YUCKY!!!

We had a very good time visiting , relaxing and gabbing. We both did really well on our diets even though I got the crazy urge to cook one night. Ribs and twice baked potatoes and don't forget the tarts for dessert. But any damage we did that night was counter acted by the flu. Double yuck!!

I came home to a wonderfully clean house (thanks Sarah) and absolutely no food in the house (thanks Gene). But the progress on our new house was amazing. They dug the hole for the foundation on Thursday Jan. 10th. Poured the foundation on the 11th. Did the sewer and water lines , put a new pump on the well and put the floor in on the 18th. They started framing on the house 19th. All the framing is finished and the roof is on. The plumbers and siders will be there Monday. WOW! You can imagine how surprised I was when I came home. This is really going to jump start me. I have a lot of work to do and real soon.

Gene has been out there everyday watching over every detail like a hawk. I know he wants it exactly as I chose it, because I'm kind of fussy about that. He is really being meticulous. Bless his heart , he is trying to get this done and keep my mouth shut , which is no easy task. Sometimes I wonder why he keeps me.

It's always good to go away , but always good to be home. I'm going to go enjoy my own shower and my own bed. Good night !

4 comments:

Kathleen Lee said...

So glad to have you back, Pam. Awful about the flu. I didn't know you were building again. Sounds like you will be busy again. Good luck with that and let me know when you get the pool in! ;)

Anonymous said...

Hey Girlfren!
Glad to have you back home....safe and sound...and "maybe" keeping things "in" you a bit more....LOL....so sorry to hear that you had the flu bug.....yukka cacca!
I did not know that you were building either.....(Kathleen...I feel so much better...LOL...)so where is this new home and do we all get a "tour de'housa" when it is finetto'd?...I think perhaps....um....yes! (wink)
Huggers from the land of horizontal snow....:o(
Jann

Anonymous said...

Glad you are back home and feeling better I hope!

You are one of the busiest people I have ever known. How do you do it?

Go Pam go!

Pam O. said...

Corrina, My husband would tell you the way I keep so busy is by shirking all my duties.HaHa! Sorry if the man can't rustle up a PBJ then he deserves to lose 5 lbs. However no matter how busy I am I never miss a meal. Hope you are lovin your new job.

About Me

My photo
I am a true native Idahoan, Born at the old St. Als that used to be downtown. I am 51 and I have been married 32 years to the same man. Gasp...I think I just got a small electrical shock. I have 3 grown kids, and 4 grandbabies.