Wednesday, January 9, 2008

THIS IS TAXING ME

It is tax time, my most UN favorite time of year. It just rushes in right after Christmas and starts demanding attention. It is full of deadlines and details.YUCK!!

I am a tiny bit of a perfectionist so I always worry about making a mistake. I guess I think the IRS will just show up in the middle of the night banging on my door demanding I come out and face them. The one time I did have an audit I owed 8 dollars and it was really quite painless. The lady was very nice and never once threatened to drag me off to federal prison.However my dealings this past year with the tax commission has been less than pleasant. Due to a bad business venture we have been bombarded with tax people demanding money we personally do not owe. So I have figured out a new tax payment plan... If you owe money just give them someone else's name and phone number , then go to the post office and have all your crappy stuff forwarded to their house and you never have to worry again. Lets set back and see how that works for them.

Anyway , in all my dither I have managed in two days to get the majority of it done and will finish the rest this week-end. I am getting ready to go with my sister to California to do some visiting and relaxing so that will be one less thing to worry about. Maybe I can bring home a piece of sunshine because I am cold and ready for the snow to go away.

Get your taxes done early and don't worry they won't hurt you they only want your money.

4 comments:

Kathleen Lee said...

Will the nightmare never end? I say go where the sun does shine! Have a good time there and blog photos while you're gone. I love that!

Anonymous said...

I"ve been out and had a few beers, but, I must say, you must pay taxes and die ... I:d rather pay taxes!!! Love Me

Anonymous said...

PAMMERS....
BRING US ALL BACK SOME SUN HON!
Sue.....you and I need to "share some time"....LOL Been out and had a few beers....sounds very good right about now....LOL
Have a great time Pam....remember that 2007 is behind you...and forward that D#@* mail....LOL
Right there with ya hon.
Enjoy...be safe and enjoy the sunshine....:o)
Huggers from the land of Eskimo's...sled dogs...and Pen-qins....LOL
Janner

Kathleen Lee said...

Hey PamO, have you finished those taxes and gone off to California yet? I'm missing all your wonderful writing!
k

About Me

My photo
I am a true native Idahoan, Born at the old St. Als that used to be downtown. I am 51 and I have been married 32 years to the same man. Gasp...I think I just got a small electrical shock. I have 3 grown kids, and 4 grandbabies.