Saturday, December 22, 2007

Christmas Shoes

I love red.
I love shoes.
Red shoes make me happy , and they make Jamie and Olvia happy too.
Today we finished up our shopping with the girls. I took them to the dollar store and let them pick anything they wanted for the people on their lists. It was very interesting seeing what they chose for everyone.
Then Olivia asked if her and Jamie could have red shoes. Their mother said it was a big waste , but I did receive her permission before we made our purchase.
How , may I ask you can red shoes be a waste? Olivia wore them during lunch while she was totally naked because she stripped down while going to the bathroom. They wore them in the car and during cartoons. However they did remove them for nap if I agreed to place them on the dresser where they could see them. That does not seem like a waste to me.


Our tree is a little tired because it has been dressed and redressed several times. It is happy though because it is so loved and admired.

Go out and buy yourself some red shoes and redecorate your tree, it will give you great joy.

Ahh, the wonder of Christmas through a child's eyes.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have to admit that they are pretty fabulous! And I think that they have already gotten their money's worth...they've worn them everywhere!

Kathleen Lee said...

I'm going out to buy red shoes!

as for redecorating the tree, not so much. I can't even get to the tree right now...

Corinna said...

Cute shoes!

Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

I love those red shoes, my girls always ask for them. Maybe I will give in soon & get them for valentines day. :o)

Hope you have a merry christmas!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE those "RUBY SLIPPERS"...they are fabousous!!!!!
I "click" mine together all the time....but dang it! Glenda has just not told me the secret to them yet...LOL
Glad those cute girlies got to feel so special in those red shoes.....we girls always need something that we adore....and makes us feel pretty....;o)And they will NEVER forget you getting them as well....GREAT memory Grandma...way to go...:o)
Happy New Year Pammer....hopes its going to be a good one for you all...:o)
Jann

About Me

My photo
I am a true native Idahoan, Born at the old St. Als that used to be downtown. I am 51 and I have been married 32 years to the same man. Gasp...I think I just got a small electrical shock. I have 3 grown kids, and 4 grandbabies.