Monday, December 10, 2007

BABY IT'S COLD OUTSIDE

I woke up to beautiful snow this morning. The drive to work was fine with clear roads. I always like snow for Christmas, so I hope we get some fresh stuff for Christmas eve and day.
Christmas has always been my favorite holiday. Not because of the gifts but because of the spirit of it all. Even people who don't celebrate the fact that it's the birth of Jesus still seem to have a tender , loving, giving nature this time of year. They are more willing to be forgiving and kind. Compassion abounds when it is truly forgotten at all other times.
My youngest will not be home for Christmas as he now has a new extended family that want them to spend holidays with them also. I understand but I also have an empty spot that I refuse to fill up with carmel corn. My other sweet kids and grand kids will be home and we will have a great time.
My parents have been gone for many years but Christmas always causes me to miss them and wish they were here to see all my kids and gran kids . To share in the making of new memories and to recall old ones. Such is the circle of life.
Enjoy the season and spend as much time with friends and family as you can.Have a Merry Christmas.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

It won't be the same without Joe and Kels...plus..ya know that Joe, he did read a book once. Bwhahaha!
No, really, it will be different but Jimmy and I and the girls are totally jacked for the excuse to go see them!

Anonymous said...

Ahe Pammers......sorry that your over here will not be coming your way....but you make such grand efforts to celebrate with them before and make them feel so welcomed and so celebrated even though they will not be coming. Your family is a testiment of care and warmth just as it felt by your friends dear one...You and Sarah should be ever so proud of that fact. I am honored to be a friend with you both and feel such warmth from such great people that share laughter and fun so easily with me.
Happy holidays....:o) Jann

Anonymous said...

I like your new colors....easier on these old eyes! Sheri

About Me

My photo
I am a true native Idahoan, Born at the old St. Als that used to be downtown. I am 51 and I have been married 32 years to the same man. Gasp...I think I just got a small electrical shock. I have 3 grown kids, and 4 grandbabies.