Wednesday, March 18, 2009

I am spending a quiet evening at home with a heating pad on my back. No big deal, I just get a hitch in my gitalong ever so often.
I am on a quilting jag. I am in the middle of making a cupcake quilt for Olivia, and my brain has 3 others already mapped out. I found a quilt top I put together probably 20 years ago, and I think that's what got me fired up.
One year my friend Janet and I made quilts for all the kids. They were just patchwork quilts but they dearly loved them. I believe Sarah still has some ragged scraps of hers left.
My quilting magazine had an article about how important it is to sign, date and give a name to the quilt, who you made it for etc. I wish I would have done that to all the quilts I have made.
I'm chomping at the bit to plant my flowers. I will have been here a year in May and I haven't got to flower the place up yet. I got great bulbs at Costco for cheap. Dinner plate dahlias are my favorite. They grow 10 inches across and are beautiful!!
I have spring fever BAD.
Off to enjoy quiet and a book. Have a good evening.

2 comments:

Jann said...

First of all...I am WAY JEALOUS your kids are moving BACK to cilivlization!!!! Not there yet darlink but working on it hard! I ABSOLUTELY ADORE Dinner plate Dahlia's...they are one of my favorites! I can't believe you have been in your home for nearly a year....congrats my friend! You and the big guy certainly are deservant of it! and I am so tickled for you....:o) Hows the "cement pond"...ready for a big splash soon I bet...:o)...I think quilting is wonderful as well. I bet "Sarrie" still has those "fragments" of her's...Brindon has captured and obsconded with the "blue blankie" that my mother made me when I was very small... A warm and soft quilt that we both have treasured....:o)One of the nice things she did....far and few between...:o)Its more than likely "thread bare" by now....but never the less...enjoyed....:o) Quilt away darhlink...and enjoy your sun and warmth...I'll concentrate on "thawing out"....UGH!,,,LOL
Smiles from the miles,
Jann

Anonymous said...

Yes I do have raggedy scraps of mine. It's actually in pretty good shape! A few years ago (remember that night over at Kelly's?) I started "restoring" it but I never finished.
Oh..and mine is signed and dated. It has a red heart that says
"To Sarah Love, Mom 1984"

About Me

My photo
I am a true native Idahoan, Born at the old St. Als that used to be downtown. I am 51 and I have been married 32 years to the same man. Gasp...I think I just got a small electrical shock. I have 3 grown kids, and 4 grandbabies.