Sunday, August 31, 2008

OKAY, SO I'M A LITTLE EARLY

It's not quite September, but close enough.
Back from the beach...fun fun fun.
It is more fun to watch the excitement of new beach people. It causes you to remember what took your breath away. Chance spent his whole time at Cannon Beach runnin, dancing and squealing. I think he loved it.
Tomorrow is the first of September. It sort of marks the end of summer for me. It used to be I sent all my kids back to school and started our routine again after the chaos of summer. Now I'm not sure what it means to me. I guess I'm facing it with a bit of melancholy.
I'm not a winter person so I don't look forward to that. Fall is beautiful, but the dying away of things is sort of a bummer. I do however love the holidays. I guess I'm looking forward to making some Christmas gifts and doing some baking.
On our way home from Oregon Gene asked me what I had geared up for. We always catch our breath on vacation and then hit home with renewed energy and ideas. He has a shop to build and a pool house to design and build etc etc.
I did'nt get any revelation.
So as I pondered this , I decided I'm going to shake off this funk and gear up. I'm not sure what yet but I'm priming my engine.
Linda and I joined a new gym in our neighborhood so that is a must.Everyday at least 30 minutes.
I miss my quiet times of creating and sewing so I will try to devote some extra time to that.
I also want to excersise my brain and learn something new. I have my eye on a quilting class. I have never learned to quilt. I'm certainly old enough to quilt now.
So that should keep me busy for awhile!! Maybe I can out run that cloud that keeps trying to rain on my parade.

6 comments:

Jann said...

Hey Pammers,
Glad to hear you made it back to us all before the first. Ahe...love that hon! Sounds like the Chase man had a great time in the sun and sand...I mean come on...what little chitlin wouldn't enjoy that? Shake off that funk darlink...have a toddy for your body some late evening sitting out by that new house and pool and remember how good it is when you don't live in constant wind! hey that'll get your blood pumpin...LOL
I have missed your blog hon...keep it coming (along with everyone else that has missed your knowledge and words)....Life is all about change and discover. Quilting classes are soooo much fun Pammers....you'll enjoy them
Love and huggers from the dusty field and the windy hills.
Jann

Anonymous said...

Pam,

I've got an idea for your Autumn To Do list...... Why don't you and Gene teach Mark and I to ballroom dance? You are planning a new dance floor in that shop, right? We want to know how to do the nightclub 2 step and swing.

Buffy

Pam O. said...

Hey Jann,
Someone ought to slap me!! I of all people have no reason to be in a funk. So I'm out!! Looking forward to the class. Wheres Kelly when I need her? I know it's coolin off in your area. Hang on and keep warm. Hugs Pam O

Pam O. said...

Buffy dear,
Why did'nt I think of that. First off I need a serious refresher course in all of the above. Are you guys in any classes? Maybe we could study together.

Anonymous said...

I can so relate and I do have kids that are going back to school and that back to routine and yet I feel out of sorts with what step to take next!

Love the idea of the quilt...go for it! One day I'd like to learn how to do that too but I am SOOO totally sewing-challenged!

Good luck with your plans!

Kathleen Lee said...

I think the first of September affects most of us the same way. I personally would love to run away to my own private island replete with white sandy beaches and warm breezes for the next 6 months (excluding Christmas, that is). Ah well, without the contrast of winter how could we get the most out of summer!? Just keep moving and before we know it, the cherry trees will be abloom once more...

About Me

My photo
I am a true native Idahoan, Born at the old St. Als that used to be downtown. I am 51 and I have been married 32 years to the same man. Gasp...I think I just got a small electrical shock. I have 3 grown kids, and 4 grandbabies.